During a livestream this morning Square Enix confirmed the Dissidia Final Fantasy arcade release will launch initially with 14 base characters – likely one from each released mainline title so far – with further inclusions to be added down the line.
This is nothing new for the arcade scene and Square Enix plans for there to be 50 playable characters eventually through the addition of post-release updates. So far we know that the following characters have been confirmed:
- Warrior of Light (Final Fantasy I)
- Onion Knight (Final Fantasy III)
- Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
- Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)
- Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)
- Y’Shtola (Final Fantasy XIV)
- Ramza Beoulve (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Square Enix has also updated us with a lengthy gameplay video showing off characters like Cloud and Tina as well as the usable summon, Ifrit. Check it out below.