Final Fantasy VII Remake is going beyond the original in more ways than one. With the first part of its scenario now complete, staff members Tetsuya Nomura, Yoshinori Kitase and Kazushige Nojima had a few more words to say in this week’s Famitsu.
While the interview contains a lot of previously known information, we’ve pulled out a few new bits as pointed out by Hachima.
- They want to delve further into Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie.
- Players will get to explore even more of Midgar.
- They have an idea about the number of volumes that will be released, but they’re not at the stage where they can comment.
- The team is not not talking about online right now.
- The scenario of the first part through its ending is already complete.
- They’re getting technical assistance from the Kingdom Hearts team with Unreal Engine 4, and may work together on the game sometime in the future.
- Cloud’s hallucination scenes will be situated to be more meaningful.
- Regarding Japanese voice cast, they’re continuing plans with the voice actors from Advent Children. Red XIII only made a cameo appearance, so his voice is likely to be changed.
- The ATB gauge that turns red is different from Limit Breaks. Separate from Limit Breaks, there is another special system. They can’t show it yet, but the it will be different depending on the player’s play style.
- They have yet to decide if there will be a Guard command.
Final Fantasy VII Remake is currently in development for PlayStation 4.