Square Enix has revealed the full list of changes set to go live with Final Fantasy XV‘s “Crown Update” – the game’s hefty day one patch. A new post on the official site has all the details:
- Added actions inspired by the “Omen” trailer produced by Digic Pictures to the game:
– “Shift (Warp) Drop Kick” (When daggers are equipped).
– “Backward Shift (Warp) Magic” (Elemental Magic Activation within a short distance).
- Below are examples of Wait Mode-exclusive abilities added to Ability Call to improve the Wait Mode experience:
– Libra Speed Increase
By using Libra you can obtain information more quickly.
– Wait Gauge Recovery
The Wait Gauge will recover upon defeating an enemy.
– Surprise Attack Shift Break
When Shift Breaking to an enemy that isn’t targeting you it’s easy to destroy the targeted part.
– Final Blow Shift Break
When Shift Breaking to an enemy with less than half HP, the damage multiplier will increase.
- Additional battle screen effects added to make it easier for players to understand their HP status:
– When HP is less than 25%, the whole screen will be covered by a light red filter.
– When in a pinch, the whole screen will be covered by a dark red filter.
– The Enemy Whistle will be available to use after downloading the patch. You can call monsters but they won’t always appear.
– Movement taken at the time of a MP Burst is cancelled. Trying to shift in MP Burst will cause movements to fail.
- You can now shift forward in the field outside of battle.
- Music Player item has been added so that you can listen to your favorite songs while walking.
- A gallery has been added to the main menu where you can see the dishes acquired by Ignis and the fish caught by Noctis.
- Opening the menu during auto-drive will not halt driving.
- Regalia Shop added that lets you shop while riding in the Regalia.
- Event scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and the “Omen” trailer were added as they exceeded the disc space capacity.
- Various bug fixes.
- Adjustments to gameplay comfort:
– Camera adjusted in narrow areas.
– Menu use improved.
– Addition of other functions to enhance convenience.
- Adjustments to improve the main scenario experience:
– Changes to towns were made to fit the scenario.
– Changes to the open world were made to fit the scenario.
- Side-quests have been balanced, dish types added, added fish types and fishing locations.
- Leviathan boss encounter and battle experience further improved.
Final Fantasy XV is due out on November 29 worldwide for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.