Square Enix has released details for Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition coming to Playstation 4 and Xbox One, as well as going into spec requirements for the Windows Edition of FFXV coming to Steam, Origin and Windows 10. According to Square Enix, these special editions feature the base game and over 20 game add-ons and DLC. There is new features included in these editions of the game as well, which include an expanded map of Insomnia with new enemies and sidequests, and the inclusion of a first-person camera mode.
Both Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition and Final Fantasy XV Widows Edition will feature:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins: All-new sidequests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully controllable Royal Vessel Boat: Players will be free to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia, as well as fish aboard the vessel and discover new recipes and fish.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action Armiger Unleashed: Players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, granting them access to the Armiger Unleashed.
- First Person Camera Mode: Players will be able to experience FFXV through Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of DLC: This includes weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets.
- All season pass content: Including, Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Episode Ignis and the Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades.
- Archive: Players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the world of Final Fantasy XV. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and strengthen the Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies
- The Final Fantasy XV base game.
It should be noted that an internet access is required and the Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades requires an Xbox Live Gold membership or a Playstation Plus subscription to play online with other players. Solo play does not require a membership or subscription.
Square Enix has also announced that the Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition of the game will release at the same time as the Royal Edition on March 6th and that, in order to help players optimize their PCs for the game’s launch, a benchmark tool and instructions will be available beginning February 1st, and that more information is available on the official website, including a list of specifications for minimum, recommended and 4K HDR.
Also beginning February 1st, fans who pre-order the PC version of the game will receive store-specific pre-order and early purchase bonuses.
- Pre-ordering through the Windows store: Fans will receive the “FFXV Powerup Pack.” This pack contains items designed to power up the player’s performance in combat.
- Pre-ordering through Steam: Fans will receive the bonus “FFXV Fashion Collection.” This pack contains a selection of outfits for the prince and his pals.
- Pre-ordering through Origin: Fans will receive the bonus “FFXV Decal Selection.” This pack contains an array of cool and colorful decals for the Regalia.
- More details on the early purchase bonuses will be available at a later time, and all information for pre-order bonuses is available on the official website.
Square Enix also notes that the physical Steam version of the disc is only an installer, and that a Steam account registration will be required to play the game. The physical Steam version will not come with the pre-order bonus, but the early purchase bonus will be included.
Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition will be available for the Playstation 4 and Xbox One for $49.99 on March 6th 2018, and will feature new packaging art designed by legendary artist Yoshitaka Amano.
The “Final Fantasy XV Royal Pack”, including new downloadable content in FFXV Royal Edition, will be available separately for $19.99 on the Playstation and Xbox stores. This purchasable pack allows existing players of FFXV the chance to enjoy all the new features by applying this pack to the base game.