Square Enix has unveiled their lineup for PAX East this year, which takes place April 5-8 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center. Fans who visit the Square Enix booth, #11017, will be able to play demos of upcoming and current projects, such as Final Fantasy XIV, Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition and Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia. Fans will also be able to attend developer panels and take part in fan activities and giveaways.
Square Enix also announced that the first-ever North American Final Fantasy Trading Card Game Crystal Cup tournament will be held at the Westin Boston Waterfront’s Commonwealth Ballroom on April 6-7. Players who pre-register for the tournament will compete for a seat at this year’s FFTGC North American Championship. New players are invited to visit the Square Enix booth for lessons and experienced players can participate in Sealed Format FFTCG events and Gunslinger Challenges to earn a FFTCG promo card. Chocobo’s Crystal Hunt card game demos will also be available at the merchandise section of the Square Enix booth.
You can visit the official website for more information.
Other activities at the Square Enix booth include:
- Final Fantasy XIV Byakko Battle Challenge, where fans can challenge Byakko to win a “I Beat Byakko” t-shirt.
- A photo opportunity featuring backgrounds from Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia and NieR:Automata.
- Daily giveaways, which include:
- Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia button pins.
- Final Fantasy XIV foam samurai swords.
- Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition limited edition t-shirt.
Square Enix will be hosting developer panels at PAX East as well, providing fans with an in-depth look at latest game developments and upcoming updates. The list of panels include:
- Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition: Making it Yours
- When: Friday, April 6, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. (EDT) at Albatross Theater, Boston Convention Center
- “FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION, released on March 6, 2018, features mod support for expanded playability. Join FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION Manager Shigefumi Tanaka and Global Brand Manager Raio Mitsuno as they offer a glimpse into new ways to further enjoy the game.”
- Final Fantasy XIV
- When: Saturday, April 7, 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. (EDT) at Albatross Theater, Boston Convention Center
- “Join special guests Natsuko Ishikawa (Main Scenario Writer) and John Crow (English Localization Lead) from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online team as they discuss the writing and story of Stormblood.”
- When: Saturday, April 7, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. (EDT) at Albatross Theater, Boston Convention Center
- “Reminisce on a 2017 fan favorite as panelists YOKO TARO (Director), Yosuke Saito (Producer) and Keiichi Okabe (Composer) celebrate the one-year anniversary of the critically-acclaimed NieR:Automata. Those who attend the panel will receive limited NieR:Automata branded pins.”
And finally, below is the full lineup of Square Enix titles that will be present at PAX East this year.
- Chocobo’s Crystal Hunt (Card game)
- Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia (Android, iOS)
- Final Fantasy Trading Card Game (Card game)
- Final Fantasy XIV (PC, MAC, PlayStation 4)
- Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition (Android, iOS, Amazon Fire HD 10)
- Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition (PC)
- Gravel (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Windows PC)
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Windows PC)
- Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Video Game (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Windows PC)
- NieR:Automata (PlayStation 4, Steam)