In today’s Letter from the Producer Live broadcast, Final Fantasy XIV producer/director Naoki Yoshida and global online producer Toshio Murouchi revealed the third major post-release patch to follow the Stormblood expansion’s release last year. Titled “Under the Moonlight”, it will include a continuation of the main scenario, a new chapter in the Return to Ivalice alliance raid saga, and more. We also got our first look at the companion app, which will include a free and premium version.
Catch our summary of the broadcast below:
4.3 Patch Contents
• Patch 4.3 is titled “Under the Moonlight” and will be out in Late May 2018.
• We will see a continuation of the main scenario.
• We will see a continuation of the Four Lords scenario.
• We will see a continuation of the Hildibrand scenario. (Likely 4.35)
• New beast tribe quests will feature the Namazu and will be Disciple of the Land/Hand-focused.
• A new sidequest will involve the reconstruction of Doma.
• A new Level 70 instanced dungeon will be introduced: The Swallow’s Compass.
• A new trial (and Extreme version) will be introduced — for now the details are being kept secret. It doesn’t involve the Four Lords. Yoshi-P says to look forward to the Patch 4.3 trailer.
• The Return to Ivalice alliance raid series returns with The Ridorana Lighthouse.
• The Deep Dungeon returns with Heaven-on-High. You will need to have a Disciple of War or Magic at Level 60. There will be 100 floors and you can play solo or in a party of up to 4 players. Floor 31 and higher are designed as High-end challenges for parties of 4.
• (4.35) The Forbidden Land Eureka will content continue with the Pagos Expedition.
• (4.35) The Minstrel’s Ballad: The Weapon’s Refrain will be a new Ultimate-difficulty encounter.
Other Features and Adjustments:
• Job adjustments are coming to Dark Knight, Samurai, and Astrologian.
• The Feast HUD has been adjusted and the Crystal Tower Training Grounds has had its map revised.
• Frontlines will have a daily campaign rotation to get better matchmaking.
• Items converted into glamours (via the glamour dresser) can be reclaimed.
• Adventurer squadron unit appearance can be changed via the glamour dresser.
• Performance will get five new animations and higher-quality sounds.
• For housing updates, Guestbooks will be added where you can you can leave a message for visitors and players can leave comments for owners. There’s a “Like” button too.
• A mannequin feature will also be introduced and it is linked to the market board, the intent is for role-players but it’s up to you how you use them.
• “Duty Roulette: Raids” have be added to the duty finder – they’ll include the
Binding Coil of Bahamut and Alexander series. Correction: Binding Coil raids were not confirmed.
• A new Custom Deliveries client will be introduced.
• Cross-world linkshells will be added.
Final Fantasy XIV Companion app
Download the Final Fantasy XIV Companion app via the App Store or Google Play, launch the app and enter your Square Enix account information. Then, designate a character to use in the app — once you designate one you will be automatically logged into that character when you launch the app. If you use the app, you can register an additional favored destination aetheryte.
• Free Plan — Every Final Fantasy XIV player is eligible for this service.
— You can use the chat/scheduler where players can sync their friends list and communicate with others. You can use the scheduler to plan events, issue invites, and configure notifications.
— Inventory Management — You can organize your inventory and armoury chest.
— Peruse the market board.
— Put up items for sale/purchase items.
• Premium Plan — ¥500/month
— You can use the chat-scheduler where players can sync their friends list and communicate with others. You can use the scheduler to plan events, issue invites, and configure notifications.
— Inventory Management — You can organize your inventory, armoury chest, saddlebags and retainer inventories.
— Saddlebag capacity is doubled.
— An additional retainer can be hired — This retainer will not count against the previous limit of 9 so a maximum of 10 can be employed by a single character.
— Peruse the market board.
— Put items up for sale/purchase items.
Login bonuses will be given out daily in the form of Kupo Nuts. Moogles, when given one, will purchase a items in the market for them. Players who select the premium plan will receive an additional Kupo Nut every day and will be able to hold a greater number of kupo nuts. Moogle coins can be purchased as a currency.
While players can use kupo nuts, they can be given Moogle Coins to request their services more frequently. Moogle Coins can be exchanged for putting items up for sale, revising market listings and purchasing items. Additional services for coins will be added in the future based on user feedback.
Special Guest: Toshio “Foxclon” Murouchi, global online producer
Global community producer is a job that involves handling the GM team, community teams, customer support teams, and other community management aspects of the game.
Before Final Fantasy XIV, Foxclon worked as a GM on the Japanese client of Ultima Online and moved to Final Fantasy XI. He was also responsible for spawning monsters in the city-states during the end of Final Fantasy XIV 1.0. During the launch event of A Realm Reborn, Yoshida was moved to tears and Foxclon was deeply moved by players shouting “ganbare!”
In order to deal with bots in PvP, a Special Task Force was made to find and deal with them which is done in conjunction with the legal team. Foxclon encourages to keep reporting unfair behavior.
Foxclon went on to present on penalties in the game for bad behavior. These are rules that only apply to Final Fantasy XIV and not other Square Enix services, but they will use a three-strike rule for the same type of penalty that includes suspensions from the game. These infractions may result in a termination of a service account.
Game Masters may bring a player to the “Mordian Gaol” to speak with players privately for many types of issues. You’re unable to /teleport or /return here.
Once a player is banned by an account admin, Yoshi-P will review the report. Re-registration is not recommended and you can submit a re-investigation request but overturning these is very rare. The most common penalties include harassment, grief tactics, inappropriate conduct, spamming, and real-money-trading activity.
Also, in community matters, here’s a look at the community gear contest design winner where the gear based off the design will be implemented in the game. A new white dress glamour was shown off as well.
• Eorzean Symphony is scheduled for June 15/16 (in conjunction with E3 2018) at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, California. The concert is also coming to Dortmund, Germany on August 24th and 25th at the Konzerthaus Dortmund.
• Eorzean Symphony Preview Live Stream -Journey to the West- will happen Sunday April 22nd at 9:00 Eastern Daylight Time. They will be showcasing element surrounding the orchestra concert and tips for enjoying it to the fullest.
• The Primals self-titled album will be available in late May 2018. The -Trial By Shadow- tour is sold out for its May performance but June performances are still available.
• Final Fantasy XIV Official Crafters & Gatherers guide is available now.
• Final Fantasy XIV and 7-Eleven are collaborating. Purchase a Monster Energy Drink at 7-Eleven and get an in-game item.
• The Final Fantasy XIV division is currently recruiting.
• Universal Studios Japan will be doing a themed Final Fantasy XIV coaster based on Titan called “Under the Weight.”