Mobius Final Fantasy, one of Square Enix’s popular mobile RPG titles, has begun celebrating it’s Third Anniversary today. To commemorate the occasion, western players now have access to the Final Fantasy VIII Collaboration Event, a special limited-time event that includes the all-new original storyline: Final Fantasy VIII – The Sleeping Lion. Special anniversary campaigns and promotions will also be available as well.
Below is the list of offers available throughout the FFVIII collaboration event:
- Final Fantasy VIII – The Sleeping Lion: “In this new storyline, Squall finds himself in a familiar, yet different world. Together with Mobius Final Fantasy original characters, Squall will unravel the secrets of this world’s SeeD, Witches and more.”
- New Ultimate Hero: All players will receive the Ultimate Hero “Squall” and “Revolver Weapon” by logging in and entering the event. Players can upgrade their Revolver by playing through the collaboration event.
- New Echo Skin: A new Rinoa skin for Echo will be available to all players.
- New Legend Jobs and Ultimate Skin: New Legend Jobs for Graff (Sorceress’s Knight) and Meia (Sorceress of Oblivion) will be available through a limited-time banner. The new Ultimate Skin “Squall Leonhart” will also be added to the Ultimate Heroes lineup during the event period.
- New Supreme Card: Players can add a powerful new Monk-type Supreme card, Griever: FFVIII, to their collections through a limited-time banner.
- Draw Battle System: Based on the original Draw System from Final Fantasy VIII, all battle stages within the collaboration will feature this new style of gameplay. Using the Draw Command in battle will allow players to stock up enemy abilities and later unleash them by selecting Cast.
- SeeD Rank: Players can earn additional rewards depending on their SeeD Rank, which will increase the more players progress through the collaboration stages.
- Multiplayer Content: Players who work together to defeat Squall Leonhart in the Ring of Braves multiplayer arena will earn additional rewards.
The Third Anniversary celebration list of offers includes:
- Free Supreme Ticket: All players will receive one free Supreme Ticket, which they can use on an Ultimate Hero or Supreme Card summon.
- Free Graff / WoL Ability Support Card: All players will receive the “Warriors of Despair” Support Card for free, which features art drawn by character designer Gen Kobayashi (The World Ends With You).
- 31 Days of Free Summons: Throughout the month of August, players can perform one summer per day for free.
- Special Login Bonus: Players can earn up to 14 Summon Tickets simply by logging in daily.
- Mobius Week: Mobius Day bonuses are available every day now until August 13 at 12:59pm PDT. Players can obtain a different gift each day, including skillseeds, Ability Tickets, Summon Tickets, Crystals, Mystic Tablets and more.
- Free Stamp Gifts: Players will receive the “Congrats! (3rd Anniversary Version)” and “Go Away!” stamps by simply logging in. Players who have purchased a Mobius Gift Box more than 12 times will obtain an exclusive Echo stamp.
- Welcome Back Campaign: From now until August 17, players who have been inactive for 30 days, or players new to the game, will receive a free Mobius Gift Box, as well as 1,000 magicite and 88 Mystic Tablets. During the campaign period, rewards will be gifted to everyone depending on the amount of new and inactive players that return to the game.
- Third Anniversary Guaranteed Supreme Card Summon: Players who purchase 12,000 magicite will receive one Supreme Ticket to use on a Supreme Card or Ultimate Hero Summon. Additionally, increased magicite will be available during the campaign, in which players will be able to obtain 1.5x more magicite than usual.
Mobius Final Fantasy is available now for free on Steam, iOS and Android devices.