Valkyrie Profile returns to Square Enix’s popular mobile title Star Ocean: Anamnesis with a second official limited-time run. Starting today and running until June 3rd, 2019. players can add both new and returning Valkyrie Profile characters to their collections, obtain new weapons, challenge special events and receive login bonus rewards.
Details for the limited-time event include:
- New Original Character Illustrations: Exclusively for this collaboration, renowned artist Akira “AKIMAN” Yasuda–famous for his work in Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness and the Street Fighter series–has created new illustrations for Azure Lenneth and two additional characters: Lezard and Mystina. Koh Yoshinari, one of the original character designers on Valkyrie Profile, has also contributed new illustrations for Freya, Hirst and Arngrim.
- New Banner Characters: Players now have the chance to add the following Valkyrie Profile characters to their collections through limited-time banners.
- Available now:
- Azure Lenneth (5-star Ace Sharpshooter)
- Freya (5-star Ace Invoker)
- Available later in the event:
- Hrist (5-star Ace Defender)
- Arngrim (5-star Ace Attacker)
- Lezard (5-star Ace Invoker)
- Mystina (5-star Ace Invoker)
- Returning Banner Characters: Lenneth (5-star Ace Attacker) and Silmeria (5-star Ace Sharpshooter) return through a limited-time banner, and may also be Awakened for the first time, allowing players the chance to make them stronger. Players can collect Awakening materials through Deep Space Explorations and limited-time event achievements.
- The Purged Wizard Event: Seek additional rewards by completing “The Purged Wizard” limited-time event. The first part of this event is available now, with two additional parts releasing throughout the collaboration period. By participating in this event, players can earn Magic Crystals, which can be used to pull from a limited-time Box Draw to obtain rewards, such as 5-star Character Tickets, 5-Star Weapon Tickets, L. Limit Breakers and more.
- Blood Valkyrie Event: The Blood Valkyrie is accepting challengers! Throughout the collaboration period, players can earn Blood Valkyrie Coins from this exclusive boss, which can be used to purchase rare items, such as a 5-Star Weapon Ticket, L. Limit Breaker and Barrier Blaster, in the Item Exchange.
- Login Bonuses: All players can receive generous rewards, including a 5-star Character Ticket, 5-star Weapon Ticket, Limit Breakers and more, by logging in daily.
- New Weapons: Players can add exclusive weapons, including Divine Elven Bow, Ether Laser and Dainsleif weapons to their collections through a limited-time banner.
Star Ocean: Anamnesis is available for free on iOS and Android devices.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider’s seventh and final DLC adventure, The Path Home, is now available exclusively for Season Pass holders for free, and cannot be purchased separately. It is unknown at this time if The Path Home will be made available for players individually in the future, or will be kept as a Season Pass exclusive.
At the end of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, it seemed the dust settled and the battle had ended. However, when her allies go missing, Lara must search ancient tunnels to find them and face a brand-new challenge tomb, which contains a secret that has been hidden for ages.
Also exclusive to Season Pass holders are the Midnight Sentinel outfit, which enables longer focus and perception durations, and the Silver Strike bow, which causes arrows to penetrate enemy body armor or pierce through multiple unarmored enemies. Lara can also obtain the new Magic Touch skill, which allows her to consume fewer resources when crafting on the go. The Tactical Adventurer Classic outfit will also be made available.
Additionally, Score Attack and Time Attack modes are now playable for all tombs from the main game.
It should also be noted that a traditional trailer was not released alongside the DLC this time, instead, a video featuring a beautiful track from the game alongside peaceful ambiance was uploaded onto the official Tomb Raider youtube channel. You can check out the video below.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC/Steam.
Announced on the official Kingdom Hearts twitter account, director Tetsuya Nomura revealed that Kingdom Hearts III’s upcoming Critical Mode will release on April 23, 2019 for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It will be a completely free update.
Critical Mode is just one of the few planned DLCs and updates for Kingdom Hearts III, and will allow players the chance to experience the game at a much harder difficulty.
Kingdom Hearts III is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
For the first time, Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 have finally found their way to the Nintendo Switch and Xbox One family of devices. Fans new and old alike can now experience the classical romance story of Tidus and Yuna as they embark on a grand adventure to save the world of Spira from destruction.
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster offers high definition graphics, a remastered OST and includes Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X: Eternal Calm, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy X-2 Last Mission, credits and Bonus Audio Drama.
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster is available now for Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
The crazy action title Just Cause 4 is getting an all new car-centric DLC on April 23, 2019 for Gold Edition/Expansion Pass owners, and is scheduled to release worldwide on April 30, 2019. Titled “Dare Devils of Destruction”, players will have the chance to complete new missions to unlock over 16 brand new weaponized vehicles that can be dropped into the game at any time to create even more mayhem in the world of Solis.
In the Dare Devils of Destruction DLC, Rico Rodriguez must earn the respect of rival gangs and take on three challenge modes across 15 new missions. These three challenge modes are:
- Survival: “Speed through a gauntlet of landmines, wrecking balls and rings of fire in this ultimate drive for survival. Destroy obstacles along the way and race towards the checkpoints to secure victory.”
- Run: “Drive through extreme weather and master high-speed stunts in Run. Obliterate your rivals with a variety of weapons as you try to cross the finish line!”
- Rampage: “Master the art of destruction and create carnage within this explosive arena. Reduce targets and rival drivers to scrap metal to achieve the high score!”
“This is the first of three explosive over-the-top DLC packs in the ‘Dare Devils, Demons and Danger Expansion Pass’.” Said Victoria Setian, Senior Producer at Avalanche Studios. “Each pack will bring more vehicles, new modes, weapons and activities that continue to make the Just Cause 4 sandbox richer, crazier and even more extreme. Every pack will integrate seamlessly with the main game and add new experiences and more amazing tools of destruction. It’s a privilege to be able to continue to expand our massive action sandbox in Just Cause 4. Thank you for all the support so far!”
Just Cause 4 is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
Square Enix has released a brand-new trailer for the Steam edition of their RPG title Octopath Traveler, which is scheduled to release on June 7th, 2019. Previously, Octopath Traveler was released exclusively on Nintendo Switch, and is a classic-style RPG that blends 2D characters and 3D environments.
Octopath Traveler allows players to embark on an epic adventure across a vast world as eight distinct characters, each with their own stories ranging from journeys of self-discovery to quests for revenge. Each character begins their journey in a different land, so players are able to steer their own journey depending on who they choose.
You can find the trailer, screenshots and key art located below.
Octopath Traveler is available now for Nintendo Switch, and is scheduled to release on PC(Steam) on June 7th, 2019.
PC Announcement Trailer