Square Enix has updated the Steam version of Chrono Trigger with more changes to the user interface to better facilitate gameplay with a keyboard and controller
We’ve been chronicling Chrono Trigger’s updates in video form. You can compare how the game has changed over time below. Square Enix is still planning on continued updates to the game, with the next scheduled to arrive in late June with more interface updates and the ability to rebind buttons for controllers, keyboard and mouse.
Here are the full patch notes from the Chrono Trigger page on Steam:
1• The UI has been further updated for those using a controller or keyboard in a number of areas:
– Whilst moving on the world map, in towns and in dungeons.
– How options in dialog are displayed.
– Shop screens.
– Whilst selecting a time period to visit.
– In mini-games too.
2• Improvements have been made to battles
– You can now flip between pages within menus with single button presses.
– Available techs are immediately updated when recovering MP.
– The duration the explanation window is shown at the top of the screen has been extended.
– Changes have been made to the priority for which information is shown first when there are multiple messages in explanation windows.
– A bug where some controls would still respond while the game is paused in battle has been fixed.
3• Following the last update, we’ve continued to improve gameplay speed in areas where it previously slowed down.
4• The difficulty has been made more forgiving in specific mini games during story events.
5• Controller input is now disabled when the game is not active.
6• Additional minor bug fixes.